SFMA’s 2022 Student Video Contest
The South Florida Manufacturers Association (SFMA) has held the distinction of being the #1 resource for manufacturers in South Florida for over 60 years. A focus of the SFMA is to support the manufacturing industry through networking, advocacy and resources. Technology has advanced manufacturing processes so much over the years that the old-style perception is no longer accurate. However, most people are not aware of this and there are many high paying career opportunities in the manufacturing industry.
The purpose of this video competition is to engage students at the high school and college levels to rethink the old-style perception of manufacturing and create a video promoting the contemporary manufacturing industry.
There are submission award levels per team. Here are the awards for the competition:
For more information, please contact either Donna Bean at email@example.com or Matt Rocco at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SFMA’s territory covers the following counties: Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, Martin, Indian River, and Okeechobee.
To be eligible:
- Students must be either high school or college/university students in the territory served by SFMA and currently enrolled throughout the entire process from registration through award.
- A one-person team is allowed
- The team must also be comprised of students enrolled in a high school/charter school/trades school, etc.… or college/university/technical college, etc.…in the territory served by SFMA.
Online registration and completed videos must be completed by the deadlines. Submitted videos must not be longer than 2.5 minutes fully edited.
To register, teams can register using the form below. Registration is easy! All that is required is basic contact information and name of school so the committee can reach out to the teams.
- Deadline to Register: February 28, 2022
- Deadline to Submit Final Edited Video: April 30, 2022
- Winners and Honorable Mentions: Winners will be announced on June 10, 2022 at the SFMA’s Recognition of Excellence Ceremony & Awards dinner. The location is the Signature Grand in Davie.
After the winners are announced, a press release will be sent to the media outlets. Some of these outlets may be, but are not limited to: Sun Sentinel, Miami Herald, South Florida Business & Wealth, South Florida Business Journal, the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance, the Business Development Board of Palm Beach, and the Miami-Dade Beacon Council, etc…
This is a great opportunity to help change the perception of this industry! For more information, please contact either Donna Bean at email@example.com or SFMA President, Matt Rocco at firstname.lastname@example.org.